Nokia 8 is a unique smartphone unlike any other android device you have seen from its famous maker before now. It boasts features that will rival some of the big players on the market, including a flagship grade processor.
Display & Design
- Nokia 8 flaunts a sleek, elegant design. Its body is made of metal and has a well polished finish. But this means you have a potential fingerprint magnet here. The 160g, 7.9mm thick device enjoys splash protection and comes in steel, blue and copper colour variants.
- With a super sharp display in the mix, the Nokia 8 is built for awesome visuals. The 5.3-inch unit boasts ultra HD resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. You are looking at pixel density of almost 555 pixels per inch.
- Nokia 8 is another of the increasing number of smartphones offering dual rear camera setup. Both shooters on the back have 13 megapixels. These aren’t just regular cameras, but ones made by Carl Zeiss. One takes colour shots, while the other shoots in monochrome (black and white). They work together to deliver superb images.
- There is also a robust 13 megapixel shooter on the front for selfies. Nokia 8 also offers a feature that allows you combine images taken by both the rear and front cameras.
- With a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor ticking away under the hood, the Nokia 8 is set to impress. The 64-bit CPU receives support for its tasks from 4GB RAM. Tests suggest performance compares well to that of the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Nokia 8 offers a generous at 64 GB storage and you can expand it with a microSD card by up to 256GB. The high-end phone boots latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system.
Nokia 8 Key Features
- 5.3-inch IPS Display, 1440 x 2560 pixels (554ppi)
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU with 3GB/4GB RAM
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 64GB Storage, up to 256GB memory card
- Dual 13MP Rear Camera and 13MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Data (up to 450 Mbps download)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Front)
- 3090 mAh Battery with Fast Charging
Nokia 8 is not yet available in Nigeria, Kenya, or Ghana. It will start shipping worldwide in September 2017 starting at a price of around €599. When available, Nokia 8 Price in Nigeria is expected to range from N255,000 to N350,000 depending on your location.